Monday, February 15, 2010

Sinister Sneeze


Sorry about Friday, my boss let us out early and that is when I usually make the comic. But all is well.
I played through Bioshock 2 this weekend. While I intend to play through again to get the "Evil" ending, I hear there are six in total. I think I'll just watch the others on youtube. The game has, however, impacted me more than I realized. During the first game, which I am leaning towards playing again due to it's greatness, you are in a well-lit, underwater city with windows opening to the vast ocean/city. In the second one you mainly occupy the slums, and windows are grimy, small, and blocked by the city above, eliminating the ability to look up. These "under the train track" hovels give you such a sense of claustrophobia, compounded by the fact that the edges of your vision are constantly cut off by the diving helmet you wear, I find myself wanting to run in a field just to shake it off.
And that, my friends, is how you make a good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment