Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Biometric insults














































There is a detectable thickness to the air, and I choose the word "thick" with purpose. Biometric screenings are great, but certain numbers can be thrown off easily if the rules aren't explained fully. For instance:

fasting 9 hours before blood sugar test is what was told. fasting 12-14 hours is the consensus on the internet, and perhaps eating a huge slice of cheesecake minutes before bed is not the best send off.


Had I not had my levels checked four months prior, I would be on the nervous track to asking my doctor why he didn't tell me I was MASSIVELY DIABETIC? But on the bright side, working out during lunch has lowered my bad cholesterol by 20 points! Take that, heart disease!

No comments:

Post a Comment