Monday, July 19, 2010

I AM THE LAW

Once again, my entire team went AWOL, leaving me and my boss to handle what can only be called as a heavy mail day. It's not that I dislike people taking time off, but if you aren't sick, how about a little foresight? Here's an analogy of what I am talking about; Two guys are moving a table. Guy up front looks back to see no one else helping. Guy two remembered he had a dentist appointment, and had to leave early. Does guy up front begrudge guy two for going to the dentist? No. But maybe he shouldn't have agreed to move a table if he knew he didn't have time? Or for that matter, maybe he should have waited until the table was moved before he left?

Hence, after 26 pieces of mail in a team where 15 is the norm, split between three people where the norm is 5, I didn't have time to draw a comic. Grrrr. I'm thinking I should switch to doing a monthly animation, rather than a tri-weekly comic. But who knows what tomorrow will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment